Sindys SECRetssssssss.... OoOOoOoOoOoOo

Monday, October 02, 2006

My Mondays enroach upon my Sundays

"My peers, lately, have found companionship through means of intoxication; it makes them sociable. I, however, cannot force myself to use drugs to cheat on my loneliness -- it is all that I have -- and when the drugs and alcohol dissipate, will be all that my peers have as well."
-Kafka

http://community.livejournal.com/wurds
Swimming in imagined wisdom remains as deliriously delightful as ever. How most quotes can be twisted to be relevant and reflected upon is not a thought that bears much consideration.

A pitiful place to be, between a rock and a hard place. As it is, such is the position of my poor desk. The slimmest skimmings of the net must soon enough be traded in for some pretence, often made all too real by the demanding trappings of the workplace.

There was this captivating thought process about the relation of absistence, temptation and cowardice. It is woeful is it not, that such wonders as are thought of can not be expressed at the moment of their birth. Now it is just another thing I hope to someday write of, that someday that never comes.

But enough of this depressing wizzle-wozzle. There is more to life, is there not. The dust that flies through our fingers is as representative of our presence as the ... as the tree that spends an eternity rooted still? Or some such...

In a wonderful recapture of nostalgia for myself and my generation, the weekend tv shows consisted of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II & Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Most excellent. Then there's been the usual. Sleeping, gaming, chilling... It all makes for fascinating reading really.

So like this weekend was sooo totally cool. My grandparents managed to lock their keys into the flat, which is the flat right next to the other flat. So anyway, since the doors auto-lock the only way back in was from the balcony. A simple swing and over... erm, around we go? Not in the middle of the day with everyone standing on their balconies! How could anything possibly look more suspicious anyway? Besides, there was a dinner to get to.
Fast forward to 11pm, and back we are. Nothing like a bit of rain to make a sealed off 6th floor balcony barrier hop more exciting! On the deck table goes the step ladder. Much too short really, so I clamber up onto that top holding thing of the step ladder before remembering I'm not really as athletic as my rpg character. Too late for hindsight now. One doesn't back down after bravely offering such services...
Glass by the way, is an awfully sharp thing to grab a hold of. Probably the only thing worse than clinging from glass is saddling it. For the sake of variety, I tried both. Of course, the moment when I gripped on and tried to swing my leg over, and suddenly found I was unable to reclaim any support was in equal parts terrifying and head-spinning-adrenaline-producing-uber-giddy-fun. Ok, perhaps more of the latter. My drop onto the other side, while perhaps not entirely graceful (my right side is a wee bit bruised, still) was at least managed without going over the side. Or smacking the chair so far below for support. Rah rah rah! I'm like totally up for bungee jumping now!
Right so then I went back in the flat, retrieved the keys, opened the door, etc etc etc. For an idea of the balcony (though the partition isn't available here :p) see>>>
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7113/599/1600/DSC00862.jpg
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7113/599/1600/DSC00865.jpg

And now here I am, 15 mins away from 6. When I shall hopefully skeedaddle. Fingers crossed and all that jazz. So much to do, so little time. Not work wise, just generally. But oh hey, I'm still alive, just saying hi in this most absorbing form of communication. Wave, grin and friends. And deeper thinking for some other day.

4 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an interesting weekend :P

Me, i'm scared of heights, no way I could've pulled that off lol

Liked the quote at the beginning....True how such things can be twisted to make em relevant...

Ciao Ciao

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Saad said...

EXCELLENT!!!! *air guitars*
cool! i'd like to try being batman for a day :P

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Sindy Clawford said...

Well the quote I posted was itself true without all that much twisting (A)

Bill & Ted, interesting moment when they hug after realising Ted is still alive...
Both immediatly release each other and go "Faag" in unison. Chances of that happening in a movie with that target audience today? Or has the target audience of such movies actually moved a bit? After all, Bill&Ted was made into a successful animated series, unlike say American Pie. Or would it be comparable to some other more recent movie? Dunno, maybe there's nothing quite like it! XD

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Saad said...

I loved the animated series.. was really cool! i saw the movie afterwards :S thinking it came after the animated series. it came before? :S
ok :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home