Sindys SECRetssssssss.... OoOOoOoOoOoOo

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Opinions are like @$$holes, everybody has one...

Hauntingly beautiful
No not THAT quote, just generally. Well ok this post is actually a bit abotu cool quotes I can think of at midnight, and also about what was hauntingly beautiful. With regards to the latter, that would be the musical score of LOTR, and in particular Return of the King. I shall now proceed to brag about how I have recently accquired ROTKExtendedEdition!!! :D Other than 48 extra minutes of absolutely wonderful footage, that movie so beats anything out this winter. Got it yesterday and already seen it 1.13 times (A)
Yes, that .13 was me walking in late since I was out today watching another entirely different ditzy movie, which would be VeerZaara. My cinema outings were seriously swalloped during term, and I've been trying to see this one for ages now. Missed two friend outings, and the family outing for it! Just my luck hmm :p But yeah finally managed to watch it, and other than the TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE singing, the movie was really quite touching and vunderbar :D Still doesn't reach Kal Ho Na Ho level of which I am a ditzy fan, that movie being responsible for me actually beginning to speak in Hindi/Urdu in Public :o *shock-horror-gasp* What well most of it is me quoting from it, but I do insert my own variations from time to time. Maybe it's a sign of just being away from home so long. How we all learn to cope ;) And yes I know I have absolutely no right to complain considerign what I have, but still... (A) S'not a disease! :P (A)
Anyway unlike a dear friend of mine who shall-not-be-named-nor-called :p I will not be embarking on a deep dissection of poor VeerZaara and the rather odd depiction of ma dear La-Hore in the movie. Instead I will go into...

***SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT***

Yes, instead I have chosen to talk about those 48 extra brilliant minutes of ROTK!!! :D And of course I shall proceed to drag Hassan and Adeel onto this here blog so they may read what glory I do now swim in, at which point I shall learn one or the other has already got 'is grubby paws on it and snookums :( Anyway ok here it comes :D

  1. The Scene with Saruman is heeeeeere! And yes he does get killed by Grima as he should've been! Ok so it's not the scouring of the Shire or anything, but still... and I do maintain that it's kinda unfair how he can shoot fireballs but Gandy can't :( :-X
  2. Aragorn going to the dead, and their appearance out of the cliff. He then moves on to converse with the Corsairs sailing up the river, Gimli does a funny, and the dead rush out and smackeroo them. Very cool and adds some depth to the dead clean sweeping the battle of Pelennor.
  3. Witch King facoff with Gandalf!!111oneoneoen!! I've sooo been waiting for this scene. And though they deviated a bit from the book by allowing The Nazgull to completely "Take-o-fy (sp)" Gandalf, that ust made the scene cooler. He almost kills Gandalf, and snaps his staff to shreds! Did anyone else notice that Gandalf doesn't have his staff throughout the later part of the movie? Fortunately Gandalf is saved by the bell, or in this case the horns of the approaching Rohirrim.
  4. Aragorn chats with Sauron through the Palantir. Trying to be intimidating, flashing the funky Elendil at Sauron, Sauron shows him a dieing Arwyn, and his amulet falls and breaks to pieces. Kinda powdery. Serves Aragorn right for being so smug, but again, did anyone notice that he no longer has the star of elendil later in the movie?
  5. And lastly ( well lastly of the additions I plan to mention anyway, there were a lot more).. it's the Mouth of Sauron!! YEs he comes, absolutely hideous, kinda Sleepy Hollowish to be honest, but it was all there. Him taunting the poor heroes with Frodos Mithril Shirt... oh and then Aragorn decapitates him.. yummy ;)

Well that's it for drooling, though to be honest I doubt this interests anyone else. I couldn't put it in my other journal because I'd be stoned for such an evil act over there, but I just had to show off.. can you EVER forgive me? (A)

Moving on to odd bits and pieces of news. Got an interview call from Inland Revenue, so booked 13.45 on the 5th of Jan. Wish me luck! Could get tricky coz I didn't give any references, but how am I supposed to get a reference in the middle of the vacation? Just hope they're understanding about that. It's a 20 min interview, so ah wella. Also just whizzed through the Unilever marketing application within 45 mins. Considering these apps are supposed to take over 2 hours, maybe over 3, I messed it up due to my usual policy of leave it to the end. Can't even remember what I scribbled, but that's what you get for starting work on an app 1 hour before the deadline :$

Start work at Kith and Kids from the 27th of Dec, with the last training day this Sunday. It's been interesting, I've been assigned to someone called Louis Baker, with my co-volunteer being someone named Liz who came at the alternate training day and then couldn't make it on Sunday. Still, should be interesting. And it was sorta cool since we all got interviewed and some 30+ volunteers got rejected and sent home. The guy sitting next to me squished me in such a massive hug when it was announced we were through, thought I'd choke, especially since we had barely exchanged some 10 words prior to this. Oh and I wonder what Louis will be like, no info given on his disability as yet. Oh it's pronounced loueee by the way, not Louis. :P

Hmm, should log onto msn now, meant to change my screen name to something vaugely resembling Just Lose it by eminem.. love that song (A) Finally thrust it onto my MP3 player. Oooh and Del got me that 4DVD thing of Band Aid for christmas. They came over on Monday, and I didn't get 'em anything :$ Feel so silly, but I Have been so terribly busy. Will make it up on the birthday coming up soon :D

Oh yeah, and some of those quotes I've been throwing around ;)

"There is no good or evil, there are only moral judgements"

"In a world without values and morality, good and evil are just choices on the menu of the mighty"

kinda conflicting (A)

"Three rules of work:

1. Out of clutter, find simplicity.

2. From discord, find harmony.

3. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."

"I have no special talents I am only passionately curious"

"I must find the truth that is true for me, that by which I may live or die"

*sigh* and there was this one on creativity that seems to currently be eluding myself.

Not like any of you shall mind! Ah well, tra la and have a wonderful life. Hitchiker Guide to the Galaxy movie coming out next year, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory- Depp as Wonka in trailer looks ace, and Findign Neverland go go go for Oscars! :D

Dus Vidanya! O_o

5 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Blogger psnob said...

be honoured. thou hast been blest with a before comment from the snobby one.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger psnob said...

after:
spelling mistakes are left in for people who need to corect others to make their lives complete

proofread carefully to see if you any words out

i know that love's supposed to be blind, but does it have to be deaf, dumb and stupid as well?

yeah i'm rather lame at quoting things...but HAD to in case you hadn't come across these before! :p

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger G said...

goddammit. we had emm i tell you, but now they're on bloody 300+. wtf man? we had them on the mat and begging for air. I HATE AUSSIEESSSSSS

Anyway, yeah cool movie. Will watch it when i see you next. Just a lifetime or two away man. and call me. we have matters of gr8 import to discuss ;)

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG OMG OMG! I SO HAVE TO GET THE DVD!!! YOU EVIL, EVIL MAN!!!

Anyway, what else is up?

- Hassan

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Sindy Clawford said...

Adrenaline rush? Better be, the alternatives are too worrying ;)

Oooh yay I'm so shpesh-ul, I got a before post (A)

Oh yeah, matters of great import they were indeed! I do believe I forgot to thank you for the testimonial you wrote, I'm incapable of such flattery, but totally appreciate it (A)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home