Sindys SECRetssssssss.... OoOOoOoOoOoOo

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

What's in a name? As a subject, I'm variable

The gender gaffe
SIR – As an intelligent, professional woman, I find the outcry against Harvard's president, Larry Summers, despicable (“Harvard's disgrace”, March 19th). Women are quick to say that men are pigs, unfaithful and can't ask for directions when driving; they take glee in findings that prove men are more prone to mental retardation, infant mortality and adolescent immaturity and are quick to crow about women's higher pain-thresholds and greater ability to multi-task (as if this proves that women are the stronger sex). But when Mr Summers merely hints that women may be less accomplished in some areas, he is automatically branded a sexist. The same people who protest against his comments are poorly-disguised fascists and, like the women's lib bra-burners of the sixties, have become facsimiles of the men they profess to despise.
Amanda Vermeulen
Johannesburg

Yay, the last word on feminism that I completely don't get as a concept but respect as an ideological expression!
Ok so not the last word, but it does stand up as a highly relevant specimen of curiosity inversion by an angle so acute it's obtuse. I'm not a maths major, how dare you! phaw!

No and we don't, sit watching episodes of Charmed all day, of demons and witches where does the fascination lie? In rhyming spells and balls of fire, vanquishing all in the name of truth, justice and the American way! K maybe not the last, *sulk*
In all reality, we spend much time worrying of the future, exams that must come, and other such anomalies that disturb us be not the better to write than say, and be not ehard so much as felt. Touch my aura, prick your finger, sleep and wait for thine prince. I'd cackle but then I'd need a tictac :-(

I like long flowing dresses. Said with a feeling of regret as the summer comes and the dresses fall apart to reveal, overpriced pieces of cloth. I wonder how large the discount on the bridal dress worn by Diana in HumTum was (A)
Ooh ooh, Hitchikers guide to the galaxy movie out soon, tragic that it's rated 15. Have I had this conversation before? Who am I talking to?! But now sis can't go see it. Tragic, as mentioned before, only this time there's more emphasis. Tragedy!
Also, Sin City, yay! I must re-assert my worries about the exams now. Really I do worry. Even now I've got windows open with Stiglitz ctiriques. Print away, dance puppets dance! I shall soon write a post dedicated to all my wonderful friendz. I shall also soon write one on vanity, for I owe it so, and just as conceivably shall I arrange for my round-the-world cruise. All withing a paltry budget of what a swing dance in the coco bongo will get you!

And now, in the name of lost memories, and charity-ransacked cartoon videos;

Hey Big Guy, you are my kind of Hero
Hey Big Guy, you are my Numbah One!
Hey Big Guy, I love the way you do the things you do!
Hey Big Guy, You Are My Number WUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!
<3>

8 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger psnob said...

dance, an ye shall gofor millions? or minions. pick your take.
variableness and you, and chalk and um, blackboard...
(do people ever call it greenboard?)

if someone had gotten it right, and if the truth were really out there, then everyone would have jumped at it and AHAAbejeezes he be got it!!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger psnob said...

a.
a greenboard a.
ray a drop of golden sun? :D :P

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Sindy Clawford said...

Everyone says Titanic is a great movie :p

Oooh see the millions would work! I could then buy the minions, incorporate my world-cruise into my other much less realistic previously stated aims, and go on to in fact inform people of the need for BLACK blackboards, because green is in fact, not a huge leap forward.

Anyway I read greenboard as greenbeard and now I'm all in the treebeard world of LOTR again *swoon* (A)

p.s. you're learning, yay! ^_^ And some would say it's really Re a drop of golden sun, but I now have a passport AND drivers license with re on it, so I truly manifest all the glories of droplets of golden goodness :D

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Sindy Clawford said...

P.Ssssssssssss...
I can't see your blooooooooooog!!!

*WAILY*

:'(

This is supposed to be a part of my daily end-of-day ritual, it's cramped now, rraszm! <_<
(A)

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger psnob said...

rayray, titanic is a GREAT movie. and leo's yummy.
:p
not bothered enough for official messness? :s

blogie back up. where be youu

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger Sindy Clawford said...

Titanic's not :( Leo's not :(
Unless it's ze Charmed Leo, who is widely preferred, and more cool since at least he's a white-lighter :p

Proper blog post, need time,. Need energy. And when one I have, the other, so far away. Whimsically I stare at it, feebly I search for it.

Well Laa Dee Daa :-D

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger psnob said...

keh kuch aur rahee thee, suna kuch aur
muahaha, that almost almost sounded like an indian fillim ka gaana.
but youd know way more bout that than me.
or i.

can i help in parting some part of the part-earth part outer-space time continuum to forge some time?

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Sindy Clawford said...

Gee kya wha bah?!
Oh I dunno, was late, laptop was falling off the bed and whatnot.

Hark, I hear RayHelp a-coming! Must fly off to the sofa opposite to help sis with organic chem homework! Sch a superheros day is never dull ^_^

Continuum slicing sounds good though, I'll get back to ye on it ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home